How Dahna helps you to have a healthy lifestyle while breastfeeding
As a new mom, it is essential to have a balanced diet. You should not eat anything special while breastfeeding, but it is recommended to choose foods carefully. A healthy diet for breastfeeding includes :
- At least 5 servings of a variety of fruits and vegetables per day, including fresh, frozen, preserved and dried fruits and vegetables and not more than one 150 ml glass of 100% unsweetened juice
- Foods with starch such as bread, pasta, rice and potatoes
- Fibers consisting of: wholemeal bread and pasta, breakfast cereals, rice
- Legumes such as: beans and lentils
- Protein , such as lean meat and chicken, fish, eggs, nuts, seeds, soy foods and legumes – at least 2 servings of fish a week are recommended, including some fatty fish
- Dairy foods such as milk, cheese and yogurt – they contain calcium and are a source of protein
- Non-dairy sources of calcium suitable for vegans include tofu, brown bread, legumes and dried fruits
- drink plenty of fluids – water and skim or semi-skimmed milk are all good choices
Breast milk is very important and provides the baby with the necessary nutrition even if the diet is not perfect. However, when the mother’s diet during breastfeeding becomes too low in calories, or when it includes a certain category of food to the detriment of others, then it can affect both the amount and nutritional quality of milk .
If you opt for a healthy diet, Dahna is the mobile application and smart choice that comes to your aid with Healthy Snack Ideas for Breastfeeding.
Download the Dahna App , set your metabolic profile and have access to over 200 healthy menus based on the Mediterranean diet, recommended by Romanian nutritionists and cardiologists.
Why is the Mediterranean diet for you?
Because it is rich in fresh vegetables and fruits, nuts, fish and olive oil and poor in red meat, sugar and processed foods. It was voted by the US News and World Report as the best diet plan with multiple benefits.
The following snacks are quick and easy to make and will give you energy and power:
– fresh fruits
-sandwiches filled with salad, grated cheese,
-meat or cold meat puree
-Yoghurt and fresh cheese
-hummus with bread or vegetable sticks
-dried apricots, figs or plums
-vegetables and beans
-unefweetened enriched breakfast cereals, muesli and other whole grains with milk, milk drinks or a 150 ml glass of 100% unsweetened fruit juice
-baked beans on toast or a baked potato
For more healthy and easy-to-make recipe ideas, download Dahna and have a recipe assistant and shopping list throughout breastfeeding. You save valuable time and make sure you give your baby a nutrient-rich diet.
We invite you to join the Dahna community!