7 interesting facts about water
Aprox. 1 minute reading time
16 February 2020
We bet that you didn’t know these interesting facts about water:
- 68.7% of the fresh water on Earth is trapped in glaciers.
- Children in the first 6 months of life consume seven times more water than the average American adult.
- 70% of the human brain is water.
- An adult loses on average 250 ml of water/day through expiration.
- Hot water can freeze faster than cold water under some conditions (commonly known as the Mpemba effect).
- In Washington State alone, glaciers supply 1.8 trillion liters (470 billion liters) of water each summer.
- Two-thirds of the world’s population will be facing water scarcity by 2025, according to the United Nations.